Monday, September 5, 2011

Home

I love being able to spend time with my family. I never realized how much joy, peace, comfort, love, and gratitude I feel every time I have the pleasure of going home. I miss home. I miss the small town atmosphere. I miss feeling at ease walking outside of my house. I miss being able to go for a walk by myself with out feeling like I will get run over by some motorist flying down the street. I miss the slow pace. I just miss it. I want that part of my life back. Seriously, I wish I could sleep with my windows open every night and only hear the trees rustling, the crickets chirping, and maybe a sprinkler or two. Those are the sounds of home. I want to go home. I wish life would allow me the opportunity. Sadly, I know that right now I am required elsewhere. I hope one day I will be able to enjoy that peace and comfort all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Amen Sister. You are speaking the exact thoughts swirling through my brain. One day right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still in St. George? That felt like small town to me, haha!

    ReplyDelete