I know I haven't posted anything in a really long time. Sorry about that. Just thought I would update what has been happening with us over the past couple of years.
JOB...
It felt like forever while trying to find a job, but it finally happened. I took a position working for a dental corporation in Phoenix, Arizona. I never wanted to work for a corporation, still don't really care for it, but it is a job and I am gaining experience. I have had some negative experiences with the company and have come home crying many times over the past two years. I won't say what company I work for, because I don't want this post to be stumbled upon by someone and it affect me long term and with other jobs in the future. I do have some great co-workers and they make it at least tolerable to go to work.
MOVING...
I like Phoenix and do not mind the heat. I do wish that I lived closer to family. It is so hard living 12+ hours away but still wanting to go home for birthday parties, baby showers, etc. This whole twice a year thing sucks. I am pretty lucky and have a husband that understands that I get homesick and will fly me home for the weekend a couple of times a year, just to get my Utah fix. The first 6 months I lived in Phoenix, I was by myself. I would commute back to St. George on the weekends to spend time with the hubby. That got old fast, but it was nice to get my Utah fix on a weekly basis :). It was sooo nice when Jared was finally able to finish the semester and work and move here with me.
SCHOOL...
I finished my bachelor's degree!!! I am ecstatic to have that thing finished and over with! I did my senior project on preventing injury and musculosketal disorders in dental hygiene. It was interesting and minus the stress of doing the project, the best part of my BS degree. Which brings me to the next section of the update.
PAIN...
The reason I chose to complete my senior project on this topic was because I have been having some neck and arm issues associated with the practice of dental hygiene. Throughout the day I get sharp pains in the back of my neck and shoulder. Occasionally, I will also have numbness/tingling down my left arm. ANNOYING! I was seeing a physical therapist 2 x week for almost 7 months with a little improvement, but it always comes back. It has been so frustrating not only at work, but trying to find a comfortable position to relax in is hard as well. Sleeping is annoying because if I lay in a position for too long my entire left arm goes numb or the sharp pains rear their ugly little heads. Had an MRI a few weeks ago which should minimal bulging in a few cervical vertebra. but basically nothing out of the ordinary. I saw a pain management doctor a few weeks ago and she wants to run a few tests. I am hoping I can get to the root cause of this soon and be able to move on with life normally. As you can probably guess between the pain and company I work for, I don't really like my job right now.
LAKE...
Jared and I have been spending a lot of time at the lake this summer. We live about 15 miles from Lake Pleasant and have been heading out about 1-2 x a week. Jared's new thing is wake surfing. It has been so fun learning how to surf. It really freaks some of the people we take out filling up the ballasts and extra fat sacks and tipping the boat to one side to get a really nice wake. It kinds sucks that he is so into cause he doesn't like to dump everything to let me wake board. I still am learning at that as well and I don't need a huge wake. This is my first year driving a boat. I have tried before, but it felt weird and made me uncomfortable. There were also always plenty of people willing to drive that it was never an issue, but this year I have had to step up. I still am not very comfortable but am starting to get the hang of it. It still makes me super nervous towing someone when there are a couple of other boats around us. Still have to learn how to trailer the boat, but for now I'll let Jared keep doing that. We took a couple of Jared's deacons out with us yesterday and it made me excited when we will get to take our own kids out.
JARED...
Jared has been going to school at ASU. He will finish up his bachelor degree in finance in May we are hoping. School is not Jared's most favorite thing, but he is doing well and can't wait to be done. He is thinking about going to law school, so we may have another big change coming up in the next year or so. I am so proud of him for working so hard to accomplish everything he wants. Jared is currently working with the deacons in church and loves being able to go on camp outs and hanging out the the boys at activities. It has been a blessing seeing him enjoy church a little more and setting an example to the boys. I get to work with 8 yr old cub scouts. I think I am more disciplined than the other leaders, but the boys still seem to have fun and I don't get as annoyed with them because they know I am serious when I ask them to stop doing something or they subject to the consequence.
I have an awesome husband who bought me a nice camera for Christmas. I have always wanted one and he surprised my by exceeding our $100 limit on a Canon 60D. I still want to take a class, just haven't looked into it yet. It is hard, but something I always admire and I mostly just want it to be able to get great shots of my family and my kids one day. I took some photos of my nephew for his 1st birthday. That was fun! I've posted some of those below. I am excited to keep learning.
Hopefully it will be more frequent than a year from now that I post something here :) Oh. side note, just got my 1st smart phone this week for my birthday :) It has been way to long. Don't worry nothing fancy just the free iPhone when you update your contract.
Love,
Jenny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Jen! You're back!!! So good to see what and how you're doing. So sorry to hear about the pain you've been having, I can't imagine much worse than that. Wonderful photos of your adorable nephew, you have a good eye for it - you'll learn a lot the more and more you is it - just take it everywhere...and then post so we can see how you're doing! Love it.
ReplyDeleteYay for you updating!! Seriously, I can't tell you how many times I have thought to myself, I wonder what Jen is up to. Didn't she move to AZ? Now I know! I'm so glad that you are doing so well. Boo for the pain and numbing problems-I hope that it clears up and gets better. Keep updating!
ReplyDelete