You may or may not have noticed from my last post, but I am an EXTREMELY picky eater. Don't believe me? Just ask anyone of my family members, they will set you straight. Seriously as I sit updating this blog, I am eating one of those Little Debbie oatmeal cookies. You know, the ones that are soft and chewy on the outside with the cream in the middle. Yes, those ones. Well lets just say the wrapper has as much frosting on it as I could manage to get off the cookie part. Don't ask me why, I just think it tastes funny. Bonus for me, less calories :) but who's counting?
One time when I was about 6, my mom made me a sandwich made out of wheat bread. I refused to eat it. I seriously would not eat any of it. My mom, being the awesome mother that she is, made me sit there until I ate it. I honestly remember sitting there for over an hour. I think she made me eat half of it at that point and let me go play.
Another time, (sorry I may have told this story before) my parents were not home and the older kids were left in charge. We had Sloppy Joe's for dinner that night. (enough said right!!) Once again I refused to eat it. My brothers were not as nice as my mom in this instance. One held me down while the other duct taped me to the chair and tried to force feed it to me.
This picky eater nightmare stills happens to me and I make my own food now! what the ... Let me explain. Sometimes in Church they use this wild oat wheat bread stuff for the sacrament bread. I dread the days that bread appears on the tray. It seriously makes me gag every time I have to eat a morsel of that bread. All I think about the entire time is, "can you hurry up and pass the water already!!" I know I should be cast down to Hell right now. I am pretty pathetic.
So sorry in advance if you ever invite me over to your house for dinner and I just push the food around on my plate. No offense. I just don't like very much. (I know, I'll never get invited to any one's house after this! That's okay if you want, we'll just go out with you instead.)
Love, Jenny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOL! I can picture Brad and Layne forcing you to eat. Im still in extremely picky eater but i have been better at trying new things. Its easier if i make it then i know exactly what im eating.
ReplyDelete