HOLY COW!!! I can't believe it is Thursday already. I was planning on posting something else this week so true story Thursday isn't the only day I post. Alas, that did not happen.
This weekend we headed down to Phoenix to visit our friends. They were expecting a baby last weekend and we wanted to be there with them. But cute baby Gavin didn't want to come until we left. Literally she went to the hospital to get induced the day we left. She originally was supposed to be induced Friday or Saturday, but babies aren't any one's schedule but their own. So we missed getting to see him. Kinda bummed about that one. I am hoping we get to see them again soon when they bless him.
Weird thing about me is, I am terrified of newborns. I hate holding them. They make me so nervous. I always feel like I am going to break them or have a clumsy moment and drop them. Seriously I didn't hold my niece Cindy until a few weeks ago. She is now close to a year, at least I think. I am so bad at birthday's. Anyways the point is I like to look, but not touch until they hit at least a year. Two is prime. They are so much then. We had the chance to play with Nixon all weekend. He is two and so energetic. We had a blast!
So for my true story this week, I decided to ask myself, "What did I do as a child that was totally normal until you went over to a friends house and found out it was weird?" There were a couple of things that stood out to me. 1) I love grilled cheese with honey, chicken nuggets dipped in honey, a donut with butter warmed up in the microwave or oven, dipping your toast in hot chocolate. Seriously these are so delicious, you should try them! 2) My house growing up was always clean. I mean we had to clean up the toys and make your bed every single day. I remember going over to friends house and being uncomfortable because they were so dirty.
Hopefully I'll be able to post something this upcoming week so true story Thursday isn't the only thing on here. We'll see. What I really need to do is take pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment