Friday, January 21, 2011

True Story Thursday (on a Friday)

Hello all.

I can't believe it has already been a whole week. Time sure does fly when you are constantly working on DIY projects. Still working on the bathroom, so you will just have to wait a while longer to see it in all its glory. Yes, I know it has been like a month, but hey what can you do.

For today's true story, I am taking you back to summer before freshman year. I was on the freshman cheerleading squad and was loving every minute of it. Cheer practice in the morning followed by carefree afternoons. One morning after practice, a few girls from the squad, myself included, headed to Provo to find some clothes for cheer camp. You know, work out clothes that matched so we looked like a team at camp. Anyways, after a fun day of shopping we headed back home.

Upon arriving, the rest of my family was outside working in the yard. (side note. Don't you just love it when you happen to miss out on yard work cause you get to shopping instead? Yeah me too!) I was excited to show my Mom one of my new outfits so I put it on and ran outside to show her. She was in the barn putting the lawn mower away. I went out to show her. She liked it, but clearly just wanted to be done with her day. As I was wandering out of the barn, out of no where, my brother LAYNE picked me up and literally dumped me into the horse trough. Apparently, he thought this would be "funny" and so did everyone else cause when I came up from the water they were ALL laughing. I did not think this was funny and was not laughing. I mean have you seen the inside of a horse trough?! They are disgusting with bits of who-knows-what floating around!

I proceeded to cry from the barn to the bathroom where I took at least 2 showers and cursed his name the entire time for ruining me new clothes.

Good story? Well it'll do for this week. I think of a good one for next week.

Oh and did I forget to mention that I got a sewing machine for Christmas?! I suck at am still learning  to sew. My machine is nothing fancy but does the trick. So I'll post a few pictures of my first project with it.

Before you jump to any conclusions, the skirt is for a little girl. I think it is pretty boring. Any ideas on how to make it cute? I would love some. And it was my first project without my mothers help, I mean her doing it for me. So it is not perfect, but a decent try for my first attempt don't ya think?

2 comments:

  1. I think it is totally awesome!! I got a machine for Christmas too but I'm too scared to get it out...:S. Go onto the blog allthingsthrifty.com and she just recently posted an easy way to make a flower embellishment. That would spruce the thing right up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, funny story, Jenn. For the skirt, you could do some sort of applique, like a flower. That would be cute. You could also add a ribbon trim (either straight or curved ribbon) around the bottom of the skirt. Or even one around the waist that tied into a cute bow. I'm excited to see what you do. Creating sewing projects is so fun! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete