Thursday, January 13, 2011

TRUE Story

I have decided for your entertainment and mine, as well as for record keeping purposes I am going to try and post a TRUE story about me once a week, so I can remember it forever and ever and you can giggle at me forever and ever. Sound good? Yeah I kinda thought you would think so.

K here goes...

Once upon a time    Oh alright I forgot, I said TRUE story....

When I was growing up, my family had a cabin near Strawberry Reservoir. We enjoyed the summer trips as much as we did the winter ones. (The winter trips were awesome because you had to snowmobile in all the way from the highway, and the roads were not groomed by any means. It looked more like small rolling hills of snow. I told you it was fun.) Anyways tangent over... We had many adventures four-wheeling, snowmobiling, tubing, hiking, playing in the hidden fort of rocks, shooting guns, you name it, it was done. However, there was just one downside to this cabin. It was in the middle of the woods. Now I know what you are all thinking... middle of the woods?? Isn't that where most cabins are???... Yes. That is where cabins are. Otherwise it wouldn't be much of a cabin now would it. Here in lies the problem. I am a little ashamed to admit that I am terrified of animals. YES pretty much ALL animals, cats and dogs included. Do you know what kind of animals live in the woods?! BEARS, COUGARS, all of the big untamed animals that can eat you! Right now you are probably laughing out loud at this, but I am not done with my story.

One night we were sitting around the dining room table when my sister let it slip that bears had been getting into peoples cabins and attacking people. I don't know to this day if she was serious or kidding but from that day forward I was terrified to even go to the cabin. Not to mention the fact that there were not 1 but 2 bear skins with heads, teeth, and eyes still intact mounted to the wall that I swear were going to come alive at any moment and attack me. (You see I have a very over active imagination.) From that point forward, when forced to go to the cabin, I would strategically pick a bedroom that I felt would be the safest in case one of those crazy bears, the mounted ones and the ones on a rampage, should attack. Never on the main floor, because hello, big glass sliding doors are clearly the most likely point of entry for the bears, so that left the basement. (Parents had top floor all to themselves.) Now I never really liked the basement either because, it was a basement. Creepy noises, cold and drafty, and that is where the boys always slept. (enough said right?!) Alright so where did I end of sleeping most nights? I am ashamed to admit it, but with my parents. Yep that's right, with my parents. Either in the middle of them, you know so the bears will get them first, or the farthest from the door holding my moms hand. Now I know you are laughing, because I am. I mean this went on for years, you can ask my mom. 

Finally , or sadly in my case, I was banished from their room. So where did I sleep? On the top bunk in the basement. But I would still have nightmares. You want to know what helped cure it? Reading Jurassic Park until I fell asleep. Wait a min, wait a min, I know what you are thinking. Seriously bears terrify you but T-Rex doesn't? I know I am a very weird person.

From that day forward I have hated sleeping in the great outdoors, or indoors in the middle of great outdoors, whatever you get my point. Hey I don't like big furry things that can eat me okay?! Well I hope that made you giggle a little bit and whenever you are camping in the great outdoors you can think of me and put someone else close to the tent door! This post probably explains a lot about me right!

Have a great week everyone! Next week: another TRUE story. HUM...I think you all should post a TRUE story about yourselves as well. Don't you think that would be fun?!

3 comments:

  1. I think that would be great fun!! You are too freaking hilarious!! I can still hear your cute little Jenny voice saying "hola!" and then a bunch of other stuff in spanish. Thanks for embarrassing yourself....er...I mean...sharing yourself with us online!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness jen i freaking love you. l o v e you! that is down right awesome.

    ReplyDelete