My husband asked me the other day when I was going to update the blog. Well actually he said, "You haven't update in a while." I didn't even know he read my blog to be honest. I only know of a few people who read this which is just fine because today I think I am going to be honest for once. I mean everything I say on here is completely true, I just leave out parts. You all know what I'm talking about, the stuff you don't want anybody to really know, mostly because you are ashamed of what you are really thinking? But isn't that life? Don't we have to take the good with the bad? No one is perky and happy 100% of the time.
Anyways....
Lately I have been in a slum. Everything just seems to put me on edge and irritates me. I am sure I am driving Jared crazy because most of it gets taken out on him. I have an inkling what this slum could stem from, but I don't know of a way to fix it yet and that drives me crazy. I am not sure how to explain this, but I kinda feel like I am standing at the edge of a road with so many paths to go but not sure which direction to take. I am scared to move because it feels like one of those situations where once you take a step you can't go back, you're stuck. So if anyone has ever felt like this I wouldn't mind hearing your suggestion.
On a lighter note...
I have been jumping around on things I am interested in. I still really enjoy photography, but until I can afford to buy the camera I want I have kinda put that on the back burner. I am a blog stocker and I admit it. I always see so many people that have beautiful crafts, sewing projects and DIY projects that look awesome. I have tried my hands at a few, and it did not turn out well. I want to be crafty, I just don't have the knack for it I guess. I will learn how to sew one day. It is just hard to learn with out a sewing machine. Man I kick myself for not caring to learn when I was at home with access to a machine 24/7. Well anyways. I am done with my ramblings.
Happy Halloween!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sorry to hear it, Jen. I know what you mean. It is the way I felt when I graduated from college and got a real job. I didn't want to graduate because I knew I wouldn't ever go back to being a young college student. Also the way I felt when deciding whether to start a family. It was really scary knowing I would never go back to being just me but that my identity would forever be linked with my kids. I got really depressed about the changes for a while. I never found a solution except just letting it pass with time.
ReplyDeleteok miss jen - perfect, smart, hard-working, never gives up, stylish, and has a natural knack for just about ANYTHING!
ReplyDeletefirst, we're all in the same boat. who doesn't block stalk? i mean, come on. but what tends to happen with me, ALL THE TIME, is that i sit and compare myself to these people who are so amazing at what they do. their pictures are perfect, they know way more than i seem to EVER will about photography, they're artsy and take risks....the list goes on.
what i do? remind myself that i am me. that boy i married? he reminds me that i have to be content with WHERE I AM AT in progressing, but that i am constantly progressing if i am still putting forth effort. does that make sense?
the reality is, people like you and i - we're never satisfied with OURSELVES. and it's a harsh reality that someone will ALWAYS be better.
the thing i like most about blogging is being able to skim through and recognize my progress as a photographer, a wife, and person in general.
just yesterday, i was looking at my posts on studying and taking board exams. but it's done - D O N E! and now i work (though not as often as i'd like, but it's something) and i have to realize i'm in a better place than i was. even if it does seem 200x more difficult.
so, as of record - this is my longest comment yet, but it's because i just like ya so dern much! so if i was with you, i would grab your petite, feminine little shoulders and give you a shake to remind you how OOBER fantastic you are.
you beautiful girl.
freak em. write a novel why don't ya?
ReplyDeletehaha. just kidding.
Anyway-I totally know how you feel Jen. You almost wish like something would just fall into your lap and complete and utter happiness would stem from it. Prayers and lots of them have been what have helped me. But that is always the answer for everything. Wish ya the best of luck in all your great decisions ahead-just remember that any decision you make will be a good one if you tell yourself it is.
And I completely know what you mean about not learning all that home-maker-be a good wife-crap while at home. My mom was so good at EVERYTHING and I know how to do NOTHING. I'm seriously tempted to join some random community class that can teach me how to sew and be handy.
Well life is full with ups and downs. I say take one way learn from it and then try the way. You have to do what makes you happy. We have all been there or still there but thats the only way we can learn from it.
ReplyDeleteWell we may have not gotten our moms craftyness but if you like outcome that's all that matters. Also I was wanting to feel crafty as well so last year after thanksgiving sale I bought an awesome sewing machine130.00 and I have attempted to make things several times. Maybe your mom should help me lol
I'm loving all the comments and totally feeling like I relate to you JEN... 100%%, I think I've cried just about as much as I did while I was in hygiene school. HA, pathetic but true! Ps, the whole crafty issue... our mom's have been practicing for a good 30+ years more than we have... we'll get it eventually! You're awesome and I love ya, and I do blog stalk you... so beware! good luck and hope everything works out.
ReplyDelete