Sunday, November 1, 2009

What Great Weekends are Made Of

Halloween has never been my favorite holiday, mostly because I am shy and not really one for parties. So once I grew to old to go trick-or-treating, Halloween became just another day. I did miss the dressing up but that was pretty much it, oh and the candy. I am addicted to candy. This weekend shaped up to be pretty great even with it being Halloween. Jared and I went to Sand Hallow on Saturday and rode the Rhino around for a while. Sand Hallow was having a Poker Run so riders could learn the areas and what they were called so in an emergencypeople could be found a little more easily. We rode around to each area on the list and picked a card. Luckily, we picked a four of a kind and took second place. It was awesome! Jared was so excited. Unfortunatly the Rhino kept leaking antifreeze and overheating so we had to quit much sooner than we would have liked. So we had a lot of waiting around to do while it cooled down enough to drive a few feet.





We only had 1 trick-or-treater, which I am a little disapointed about. I guess it doesn't help that our townhouse is in the back corner of the complex. I decided to go to Meghann, Marisa, and Danielle's halloween party. Since I decided to go at the last min, I only had my old cheer uniform to go in. I am so glad I went, it was so much fun. It was nice to hang out with friends and not be at school or a school related activity.





On Sunday we had tickets to go to the Drag races in Vegas. The sound and vibrations from those machines was intense and we were like 30 rows away. Since neither Jared or I are really into it, we only stayed for a couple of hours but it was still fun. It was so nice to be with Jared, friends, not worrying about school for a few days, and not having to work! I told you it was a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. tons of fun! i'll admit it, i'm a little jealous that the weather is nice enough in st. george that you can just go sit on the rock and enjoy the warm sun.

    ReplyDelete