I love, love, love these brownies. They are an old family favorite and so super easy to make. This recipe came from a restaurant in Logan, Utah called Juniper Inn. So with out further ado, Caramel Brownies.
Caramel Brownies:
1 German chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter melted
1/3 cup canned milk
mix together and press 1/2 of the mix into a greased 9x13 pan.
Sprinkle 1 cup nuts (pecans) on top. (optional)
Bake at 350 for 6 minutes.
14oz caramel
1/3 cup canned milk
Melt in microwave on medium heat.
Take out of oven and pour on the caramel.
(sprinkle with chocolate chips-optional)
Crumble the rest of cake mix on top of caramel
Bake 15 more minutes.
K-seriously so easy but just to make it a little more clear. The caramel is the squares you usually see wrapped in plastic. I just found them in the candy section. And the crumble of the cake mix is a little difficult because it is kinda sticky. I just rub a little butter on my hands and that helps. I take a small amount at a time and just press it flat in my hands and lay it on top of the caramel until all of the caramel is covered. A little time consuming but well worth it! Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I will be the first to vouch. I'm from Logan and LOVE Juniper Take Out. (Is it Juniper Take Out you are talking about? Juniper Inn burned down in 02 or 03 I think.) Anyway their caramel brownies are almost worth giving up your left arm for. I WILL be trying this recipe.
ReplyDeleteMy mom used to work at Juniper Inn like 20 or so years ago. I think she got the recipie then. So yeah it is a pretty amazing recipie. You should try it!
ReplyDelete