It seems like when you want something to come, time creeps by ever so slowly, and then other times you cling to the nothingness as you try to prevent that inevitable moment from approaching. Well this was one of those times that time moved SO slow, but that no longer matters because it is official, I PASSED my clinical boards. All of those tests are finished. Complete, and passed. I have never felt such relief! My husband says he was never worried and knew that I would pass. For me that week was utterly long and I worried the whole time. "The calculus on the distal of 1 would not come off. I guess I just have to send her back, I think if I spent another hour on it it still wouldn't come off." Phrases similar to this were running through my head the entire time. "Did I do enough? Did I get a passing score? Where will I find another patient if i didn't? Where is the location of the next test? How much is it going to cost me to get my patient and I there? No more need to worry though, because thanks to lots of prayers, I passed. Now on to bigger and better things!
My husband keeps hinting that I should take a few more shifts at work, I nonchalantly tell him okay and continue to read my book. It has been so nice to do nothing! I have read several books (the entire twilight series again, The new book by Stephanie Meyers The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner, and now just started a book called The Hunger Games. So far it is pretty dang good. Besides reading, I have been to the gym, layed out by the pool, went to the lake, went to the beach and enjoyed my husband and sisters company. It has been the best summer vacation ever so far. The sad thing is, this is the last summer vacation I will ever have. Soon I will get a job and then summer won't hold the same glorious welcomed relief that it did after a stressful school year. That I will always miss.
Huntington Beach, CA 2010

I laughed hard as I read this post because I thought every single one of those thoughts this last week! I even looked at the next test dates! Anyways, your summer sounds exactly like mine. Reading (don't you love The Hunger Games?!), lounging, getting some sun. The only difference is a few poopy diapers that I have to clean up! I'm glad you're enjoying your time off! You deserve it!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That's awesome. What a relief it is to be finished. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteC O N G R A T S !!! so happy for you. i'm glad you're getting so much out of your summer, we deserve it don't we?
ReplyDelete